Our Amish Pierson Sofa is handcrafted by Amish woodworkers in Ohio on an old world scale. Expert craftsmen hand assemble each sofa to order, paying great attention to the smallest details. Our Amish sofas feature mortise and tenon joints that are glued and screwed (no nails), 8 way hand tied spring construction and a solid hardwood frame. Our Pierson collection also includes a 54″ W loveseat; contact us for details.
Our Amish sofas, loveseats and chairs feature 8 way, hand tied, coiled springs for added comfort and durability. Traditional eight way hand tying is a time-honored construction method using a series of coils, each tied from front to back, side to side and diagonally — eight times in total. This labor intensive system creates even comfort and prevents “give” in the frame. This traditional method offers great comfort and yields a superior result to the mass produced “drop in” or “machine tied” coils, which some furniture retailers pass off as “eight way”.
– Made in USA, from seed to finished product
– Materials sourced domestically
– Heirloom quality
– Solid hardwood frame
– 8 Way hand tied spring construction
– Responsibly grown & harvested, kiln dried wood
– Mortise & tenon joints
– Veneer free
– Pressed wood free
– Particle board free
– MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) free
– Overall dimensions: 65″ W x 29″ D x 35″ H
– Seat dimensions: 52″ W x 20″ D x 17″ H